1. U.S. Bancorp has assumed $15 billion of deposits and $18 billion of assets of nine failed banks owned by FBOP Corp. of Oak Park, Ill. The banks are in California, Texas, Illinois and Arizona.
2. Citizens Business Bank in Ontario, Calif., assumed all the deposits of the failed San Joaquin Bank in Bakersfield, which had $775 million of assets and $631 million of deposits.
3. The Huntington National Bank in Columbus, Ohio, was the winning bidder for the $538 million-asset Warren Bank, which failed. Huntington acquired $501 million of the Michigan bank's deposits, but just $83 million of its assets.
4. The $212 million-asset Florida Shores Bancorp is buying Shamrock Bank of Florida for an undisclosed amount. Shamrock, with offices in Naples and Everglades City, has $70 million of assets.
5. Central Bank in Stillwater, Minn., has taken over $52 million of deposits and most of the assets of the failed Jennings State Bank in Spring Grove. Jennings had $56 million of assets and two branches.