National City Corp., Cleveland, said Shelley J. Seifert has been named senior vice president, corporate human resources. Ms. Seifert replaces Karl A. Johns, who will retire at year-end. She had been named assistant human resources director for the corporation in 1993.
Philip L. Rice was also elected senior vice president, as well as head of strategic planning. He replaces A. Joseph Parker, senior vice president, who has become retail business line manager for the corporation.
Newly appointed senior vice presidents at National City Bank, Cleveland, are:
* Anne C. Hartman, who oversees trust product management, marketing, and training as well as trust automation.
* Leonard D. Kichler, who oversees corporate services, which consists of cash management, sales support, and product marketing for northeastern Ohio and national markets.
* Carlton E. Langer, who oversees areas of the law related to mergers and acquisitions, employee benefits, and regulatory and securities-related issues for the corporation. He is also chief counsel, holding company practice, as well as chairman of the law department's corporate and regulatory practice group.
* Michael J. Minnaugh, responsible for trust management reporting, profitability analysis, risk management, and strategic planning across the corporation.
* Thomas R. Poe, who is overseeing the start-up and operations of National City Commercial Finance, a new subsidiary of National City Bank.