An investigation by the Office of Inspector for the Federal Housing Finance Agency says the agency had information as early as 2009 about potentially abusive foreclosure practices, but did nothing to investigate them.
FHFA Ignored Signals of Foreclosure Abuse
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app