Subordinated debt could be an option for community banks that need to raise capital but want to avoid dilute existing shareholders. Still, naysayers point out that many community banks prefer the simplicity and liquidity that comes from equity.
Basel III Spurs More Banks to Consider Subordinated Debt
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues