United Community Financial's third-quarter loss tripled from last year after a $33 million charge related to a bulk loan sale. The Youngstown, Ohio, company reported a loss of $26.9 million, compared with an $8.9 million loss a year earlier.
Loan Sale Widens Loss at United Community Financial
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues