White House efforts to promote voluntary sharing of information about cyber threats among banks represent "an important step" but a presidential directive cannot substitute for a law, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said.
Business Should Back Cybersecurity Legislation, Treasury's Lew Says
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues