Banks recently had been competing for loans mainly on price. Now, with loan growth anemic, banks are competing on loan structure, doing everything from extending amortization periods to waiving prepayment fees.
Banks Water Down Loan Terms in Quest for Growth
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter