A regulatory plan that changes how banks must account for holdings on their books is stirring anxiety in the financial services industry that it may force banks to make a premature decision about what they intend to do with an asset.
Bankers Fear FASB Plan Too Inflexible on Asset Sales
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues