The Armed Forces Benefit Association plans to sell its bank to local management. While insurers have been fleeing the industry due to regulation, the group says it is getting out because its membership's use of the bank is falling and it would rather use the capital to expand its life insurance business.
Four-Star General Leads Military Bank to Rare Management Buyout
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues