Peer-to-peer lender Upstart is aiming to identify young but high-quality borrowers by integrating applicants' grades, alma mater and even their SAT scores into its underwriting decisions. Banks could learn from this model, even though it may have shortcomings.
An Alternative Lender Whose Credit Reviews Are Academic
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter