Most bankers expect to see deposits flow out of their coffers next year if interest rates rise as expected, and some are starting to estimate how many. Whether the trend is good or bad depends on each bank's specific situation, but everybody has to get ready.
Bankers Brace for Deposit Losses as Higher Rates Loom
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter