It is still unresolved how regulators will apply capital requirements to insurance companies under the Dodd-Frank regime for systemic firms, but members of Congress are urging the Federal Reserve Board to be flexible.
Senators to Push Fed to Loosen Insurer Rules
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app