The country's biggest bank reported a 19% drop in net income for the first quarter, highlighting how much the lackluster economy and mounting regulations have cut into banks' ability to boost profits.
JPMorgan's 1Q Slump Shows Just How Little Fun Banking Is Now
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter