Credit Unions In Their Communities
* Co-op Services Credit Union, Livonia, Mich., was named one of Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for by the Michigan Business & Professional Association.
* United Heritage CU, Austin, Texas, held its Annual Charity Classic Golf Tournament and raised $65,000 for Ronald McDonald House and St. Louise House.
* St. Mary's Bank, Manchester, N.H., opened two new branches in Nashua and Hudson.
* Desert Schools FCU, Phoenix, pledged more than $229,000 to the Valley of the Sun United Way.
* South Carolina FCU, North Charleston, S.C., donated $19,592 to Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.
* Pan Am Horizons FCU, Miami, donated $2,400 to the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief Fund.
* USA Federal Credit Union, San Diego, donated $25,000 to NCUF Disaster Relief Fund.
* American First CU, La Habra, Calif., donated more than $4,700 to The Salvation Army for hurricane relief efforts.
* Maine credit unions, Westbrook, Maine, raised $55,000 Hurricane Katrina victims.
* Postal Credit Union, Woodbury, Minn., donated $8,861 to aid the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
* U.S. New Mexico FCU, Albuquerque, N.M., held a Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund Drawing to benefit victims.
* First Atlantic Credit Union, Neptune, N.J., celebrated the grand opening of its new service center.
Clearview FCU, Pittsburgh, provided a $50,000 secondary capital deposit to the Hill District FCU.
The Colorado Credit Union League, Denver, presented a print of Colorado's state flower to Gov. Bill Owens.
Workers' CU, Fitchburg, Mass., raised $26,788 for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
St. Mark's Catholic School children gathered more than $3,100 in loose change for hurricane victims, which Northwest FCU, Herndon, Va., counted for them.
MAX Your Community Credit Union, Montgomery, Ala., opened its new Taylor Road location.
In Houston, Texas, Memorial Hermann Children's Hospital named its playroom in honor of The Houston Chapter of Credit Unions.
Rogue FCU, Medford, Ore., donated more than $1,200 in school supplies to local elementary schools.
In San Diego, Cabrillo Credit Union's Becky Anacker raised $1,300 in homemade salsa sales for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
In Bel Air, Md. neighborhood children helped Freedom FCU raise funds for hurricane relief efforts.
CU BizSource held its client conference at the Historic Gettysburg Hotel in Gettysburg, Penn.
First City CU, Covina, Calif., was a silver sponsor of the Bluezapalooza Thunderfest Blues Festival and car show.
Clearview FCU, Pittsburgh, held a free First Time Homebuyers Real Estate Seminar.
Sunmark FCU,Schenectady, N.Y., held a charity golf classic and raised $16,574 for Bethesda House.
State Employees' CU, Raleigh, N.C., is installing FAT CAT coin sorters in all its branches.
Postal Credit Union, Woodbury, Minn., packed more than 600 boxes of food to be distributed by Second Harvest Heartland Food Bank.
In Davie, Fla., Forum FCU cleaned, repaired and painted Forest Manor Multi-Service Center as part of Untied Way's Day of Caring.
In Heath, Ohio, Hopewell FCU Marketing and Business Development Director Jeff Kraus gets dunked as part of a Licking County United Way fundraiser.
Navy Federal CU, Vienna, Va., raised more than $1,600 through Coins for Katrina to assist displaced hurricane employees in the Gulf Coast area.