Credit Unions In Their Communities
* Postal Credit Union, Woodbury, Minn., expanded its field of membership to serve Anoka, Chisago and Hennepin counties.
* Point West CU, Portland, Ore., donated six computers to a farm worker housing complex in Sandy Vista.
* CUES, Madison, Wis., donated 50 manuals from its product line to support the efforts of the Strathmore University-WOCCU African Management Institute in Nairobi, Kenya.
* Pan Am Horizons Federal Credit Union, Miami, launched a newly enhanced website at www.panamhorizons.com.
* Bay Area Credit Union, Oregon, Ohio, received a CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Diamond Award.
* Vantage Credit Union, St. Louis, awarded 25 high school seniors $1,000 Quest for Education Scholarships.
* Great Wisconsin Credit Union, Madison, donated $4,500 to the Children's Miracle Network.
* United Heritage CU, Austin, Texas, received four CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Diamond Awards.
* MidWest Financial Credit Union, Ann Arbor, Mich., achieved Small Business Administration approval.
* M/A-Com Federal Credit Union, Lowell, Mass., participated in the Marrimack Valley Food Bank's Annual Spring Pantry Raid.
* Workers' Credit Union, Fitchburg, Mass., has surpassed a half a billion in assets.
* Global Credit Union, Spokane, Wash., raised $9,634 for the Inland Northwest Chapter of the Children's Miracle Network.
In Rockville, Md., Watkins Mill High School student Marcus Barnes is interviewed by Montgomery County Teacher's Federal Credit Union's Lynn talon at Career Day.
In Heath, Ohio, Hopewell Federal Credit Union teller Amy Baker led the efforts for Licking County's food collection drive, which resulted in raising $2,368.
Pan Am Horizons FCU held its 58th annual meeting at its Blue Lagoon branch. Board Chairman John Breslin welcomed members to the meeting.
Cross Valley FCU, Wilkes-Barre, Penn., participated in the Saint Patrick's Day Parade festivities.
United Teletech Financial FCU, Tinton Falls, N.J., helped sponsor the Monmouth County Teen Arts Festival.
In Warwick, R.I., Rhode Island credit unions, the Rhode Island CUL and Empire Corporate FCU sponsored the Credit Union Basketball Championships.
South Division CU, Evergreen Park, Ill., had a float in the annual Southside Irish Parade.
In Vienna, Va., Navy Federal Credit Union's St. Mary's branch office conducted a fashion show fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Member Tatiana Lutes models on the runway.
In Utica, N.Y., AmeriCU Credit Union employee Sonya Ezell was the top fundraiser for America's Greatest Heart Walk, raising $17,468 for the charity.
Saugus FCU, Saugus, Mass., honored Oaklandvale Elementary School teachers for their dedication at a Teacher Appreciation Lunch.
Heritage Trust FCU, Charleston, S.C., received the Small Broker of the Year Award from the South Carolina State Housing Authority.
The Children's Miracle Network held its annual Bowl-A-Thon in Richardson, Texas. Credit unions competed for awards and raised funds to benefit Children's Medical Center-Dallas and Cook's Medical Center-Ft. Worth.
In Westbrook, Maine, the Maine Credit Union's Campaign for Ending Hunger presented a $16,000 check in memory of JoAnn Pike to the Good Shepherd Food Bank.
Twin City Co-ops Federal Credit Union, Minneapolis, sponsored 10 high school students attending the Big MAC Youth Conference.