Alliance Bancorp Inc. in Broomall, Pa., is planning a second-step conversion, whose proceeds it said would help fund growth.

The $450 million-asset company sold 41% of its stock on the open market in January 2007 and said Wednesday that it now intends to sell the remaining 59%, which is owned by its mutual holding company.

The public offering and conversion to a 100% stock-owned company are expected to be completed late this year or early in 2011.

Dennis D. Cirucci, Alliance's president and chief executive, said in a release that the additional capital would be used to fuel growth, particularly by helping the thrift offer more commercial loans.

Subscribe Now

Access to authoritative analysis and perspective and our data-driven report series.

14-Day Free Trial

No credit card required. Complete access to articles, breaking news and industry data.