Merchants' bid to opt out of the $7.5 billion credit card fee settlement has gained a lot of attention lately. But if the Justice Department were to object to the terms, the judge would likely listen, observers say.
How DOJ Could Upend the Credit Card Interchange Settlement
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter