The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau warned companies collecting debt that it is closely watching how consumers are treated while at the same time expanding ways for consumers to dispute debt.
CFPB to Debt Collectors: We're Watching You
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues