Federal Reserve Board Gov. Daniel Tarullo endorsed dropping Basel II's internal ratings-based approach to risk-weighted capital requirements and specifically carving out exemptions for community banks from certain rules.
Fed's Tarullo Calls for Second Look at Bank Regulations
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues