Most Powerful Women in Banking | Top Teams: Bank of America
As part of American Banker's Most Powerful Women in Banking and Finance program, we have selected five "Top Teams" for 2020. Bank of America is one of the team honorees.
In the Top Teams category, each bank is evaluated based on:
- The presence and influence of women in the senior ranks
- The performance of women-led business units
- Demonstrated commitment to and progress toward fostering diversity (and specifically female participation) in senior leadership and key roles with P&L responsibility
- Improvements shown in the representation of women in the pipeline
- Programs, policies and practices that are effective in fostering success in the areas above
Bank of America
Headquarters: Charlotte, N.C.
Assets: $2.4 trillion
Female representation among corporate officers: 32%
Female representation on operating committee: 46%
The Women's Next Level Leadership Program at Bank of America is an eight-month virtual experience that addresses the unique challenges diverse women face in advancing their careers and provides strategies to be successful. In 2019, at least 95% of the participants surveyed said the program helped enhance their leadership skills, which resulted in new sponsors, increased responsibilities and stretch assignments. A total of 395 women have taken part in the program since 2017.
Selected executive highlights: