Most Powerful Women in Banking | Top Teams: Zions Bancorp.
As part of American Banker's Most Powerful Women in Banking and Finance program, we have selected five “Top Teams” for 2020. Zions Bancorp. is one of the team honorees.
In the Top Teams category, each bank is evaluated based on:
- The presence and influence of women in the senior ranks
- The performance of women-led business units
- Demonstrated commitment to and progress toward fostering diversity (and specifically female participation) in senior leadership and key roles with P&L responsibility
- Improvements shown in the representation of women in the pipeline
- Programs, policies and practices that are effective in fostering success in the areas above
Headquarters: Salt Lake City
Assets: $76.4 billion
Female representation among corporate officers: 50%
Female representation on operating committee: 14%
A newly created diversity, equity and inclusion advisory team at Zions launched a training program on microaggressions in the workplace and a monthly brownbag speaker series for employees, with the goal of promoting awareness around multiculturalism. The team also rolled out the "Be Gender Intelligent" virtual learning program, a series of six one-hour webinars facilitated by Barbara Annis, an expert on inclusive leadership. Annis included a session on understanding gender differences at home — which proved especially timely with so many having to work from home during the pandemic.
Selected executive highlights: